How and what personal data we collect
When you register for a LikeCoin account and/or services
If you register for a LikeCoin account and/or services, we will collect basic information about you including your display name, email address and wallet address. You may provide this information to Us directly, or by signing in to your account/service with a third party, including without limitation, Facebook or Google (see “Third Party Data Collection” below). We will use the information that we collect about you to:
- create and maintain your account;
- allow you to log in to LikeCoin website;
- contact you about your account and/or the services that LikeCoin offers (see “LikeCoin Updates and Marketing Communication Preferences” below)
- provide you with notices related to your account, general updates, market updates and other marketing materials, including without limitation, the services and products offered by the members of the LikeCoin Group.
You acknowledge that we may rely upon such information and that you are responsible for any damages or losses which may result from any inaccuracies, including without limitation, the inappropriateness of a service/product to your profile.
When you transfer LikeCoin token to other LikeCoin token users
If you transfer LikeCoin token in our website, we will keep the following records:
- The account name and wallet address of the transferor and the transferee;
- The number of LikeCoin tokens transferred;
- The status of the transfer that is whether the transaction is successful or failed.
We will submit the token transfer transactions to public blockchain based on your request. We do not responsible for any privacy leakage due to the blockchain problems.
When you Contact Us
If you contact Us by telephone, email, post or Using other functions offered by LikeCoin, e.g. telegram, intercom or other online chat systems, etc. We will collect any information that you choose to give Us. We will use this information to review, investigate and respond to any comment or question that you may raise.
When a LikeCoin User invites you to use LikeCoin
Users of LikeCoin can invite their contacts to sign up for an account with Us. We only collect the email addresses of individuals that users choose to invite to join LikeCoin, and LikeCoin will use them only for the purpose of sending an invitation to the individual at the request of the existing LikeCoin user.
Information we collect automatically from you
Third Party Data Collection
When you use or connect to LikeCoin by or through a Third Party Platform, such as Facebook or another site, you allow Us to access and/or collect certain information from your Third Party Platform profile/account (or via any cookies placed on your device by such Third Party Platform), as permitted by the terms of the agreement and your privacy settings with the Third Party Platform. We will share such information with the Third Party Platform for their use.
We may require the reproduction and display of your information in an aggregated and anonymized manner to the third party for analytics purposes. These aggregated and anonymized data will not in any way identify you.
We may also collect personal information about you from third party entities when we seek to verify your identity as part of our regulatory requirements. This may include, for example, identity verification agencies, credit referencing agencies, risk management agencies and similar bodies.
How we may share your personal information
We will disclose the personal information we hold about you to:
- our group companies and affiliates;
- third party service providers used by LikeCoin;
- banks, other financial institutions and, risk management agencies;
- payment service providers;
- third party companies in the event that LikeCoin is involved in a corporate transaction such as an actual or potential merger, joint venture, consolidation or asset sale;
- professional advisors such as attorneys, accountants, auditors, financial and other professionals;
- regulatory authorities including tax authorities;
- law enforcement agencies, courts and other relevant tribunals.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside Hong Kong. It may also be processed by persons mentioned above in this section who operate outside Hong Kong.
Our legal basis for using your personal information
For other justifiable grounds, including legal obligation and legitimate interests: We process your personal information where necessary for LikeCoin to comply with legal and regulatory obligations we are under, and also where it is necessary for legitimate interests we have in conducting our business. These include without limitation:
- Learning about your interests and preferences to contact you with information that is relevant to you and helping us target marketing communications and adverts so that they are more relevant to you.
- Using your pseudonymised details to show you advertising on social media platforms, such as Facebook or via other third party advertising that may appear on other websites you use. The information shared with these platforms is pseudonymised to protect your personal data.
- Analysing and continually improving the Site and our services and helping Us pilot test versions of the Site internally to develop new features and ensure the efficient running of LikeCoin’s services.
- Verify your identity in accordance with applicable know-your customer, anti-money laundering fraud, politically exposed person checks and other financial section legislation or regulations.
LikeCoin Updates and Marketing Communication Preferences
If you sign up for a LikeCoin account, Site and/or service, we may use your personal information to send you push notifications or email communications. These communications may relate to your account status, social interactions on LikeCoin or may include LikeCoin updates and promotions. You can ask Us stop sending marketing messages or modify your email preferences by opt out of receiving updates at any time by the following methods:
- clicking the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email from LikeCoin, or;
- by changing the “Notifications” settings in the Account page or ;
- by contacting Us at any time using the contact details in Contact Us.
Retention of personal information
The period for which we will retain personal information will vary depending on the purposes that it was collected for, as well as the requirements of any applicable law or regulation. For example, if you are invited to use LikeCoin by another user, we will store your personal information for a period of one year in order to send an invitation to you by email.
If you have an account with LikeCoin, we will store your personal information for as long as you maintain that account, and after you cease holding an account, for as long as we are required to by laws and regulations that are applicable to Us.
If you feel that your complaint has not been adequately resolved, you have the right to contact your local data protection supervisory authority, which for in Hong Kong, is the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data.
Security and Integrity of Information
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 16 (or the age of legal consent for the jurisdiction the user is located in) (a “minor”) or knowingly allow such persons to register with Us. If you are a minor, please do not submit any personal information through the Site. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children's Internet usage and to help enforce our Privacy & Cookies Policy by instructing their children never to provide personal information on this Site. If we become aware that a minor has shared any information with Us, please contact Us at [email protected], we will take steps to remove that information.
The Policy will be reviewed from time to time to take account of changes to our operations or practices and, further, to make sure it remains appropriate to any changes in law, technology and the business environment. Any personal information held will be governed by our most current Policy.
Should you have any questions regarding the Policy, please contact Us at: [email protected]. Please include your name, and mailing or email address to Us.
We use persistent cookies and session cookies. A persistent cookie stays in your browser and will be read by Us when you return to our Sites or a partner site that uses our services. Session cookies only last for as long as the session (usually the current visit to a website or a browser session).
We may use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies – These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Sites. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookies – They allow Us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Sites when they are using it. This also helps Us to identify and block bots and spammers.
- Functionality cookies – These are used to recognise you when you return to our Sites. This enables Us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Social media cookies – These cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing button or "like" button on our Site or you link your account or engage with our content on or through a social networking website such as Facebook, Twitter or Google+. The social network will record that you have done this. These cookies may also include certain code that has been placed on the Site to help track conversions from ads, optimize ads based on collected data, build targeted audiences for future ads, and remarket to qualified leads—users who have already taken certain action on the Site.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you do so, you may not be able to access all or parts of our Sites.
We may use third-party web services on our Sites. The service providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies (which are likely to be analytical/performance cookies or targeting cookies), web server logs and web beacons to help Us analyse how visitors use our Sites and make the information displayed on it more relevant to your interests. The information collected through these means (including IP addresses) is disclosed to these service providers. These analytics services may use the data collected to contextualise and personalise the marketing materials of their own advertising network.